Sofia Cartagena Blog 1

Going into this trip I am looking forward to developing stronger relationships with my Bonner Class. I’m looking forward to working with them on our SBP projects! I can’t wait to see the result of all of our hard work and determination. Prior to this trip, I learned in our FSP that FEMA underestimated the severity of the Hurricane Katrina that was headed towards NOLA, thereby sending only a quarter of available search and rescue teams to the region. Not only did they send a quarter of their available teams but they did not send any personnel to New Orleans until after the storm had passed. I hope while on the trip I’ll be able to gain understanding of how far New Orleans has come, years after Hurricane Katrina has passed, and how they have slowly been able to recover since. I’m looking forward to helping rebuild houses in the lower ninth ward with my fellow Bonner Community Scholars and others involved with SBP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freddie Hayeck Blog 1

Alexandria Rudolph Blog 2

Sofia Cartagena Blog 2