Sofia Cartagena Blog 2

These first few days have been really enjoyable for me. Not only have I spent time bonding with my fellow first years more than I have this past semester, I’ve also gotten to know some of the chaperones a bit better. The time spent painting the siding of the house, trimming baseboards for the floor, and conversing with everyone was truly amazing. I am excited to see the final product of the house that displays all of our hard work and determination. After going on a tour of the city, we witnessed how even after 13 years the city has yet to be rebuilt. Throughout my experience thus far I have learned how resilient the residents of NOLA truly are. By having this opportunity to help build a house for a person who has, for example, not been able to return to NOLA since Hurricane Katrina is an uplifting and unforgettable experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freddie Hayeck Blog 1

Jocelyne Guzman Blog 2