Alexandria Rudolph Blog 2

So far, the trip has lived up and exceeded my expectations. I have learned a lot about the city of New Orleans and have been able to explore it while still serving the 9th Ward community. I also have gotten closer to everyone in Bonner. Living with everyone and spending the day with all of my fellow Bonner students has given me the opportunity to rekindle friendships. The most surprising part of the trip so far was the ability to serve all day and still have the trip feel like vacation. Working till late afternoon gives me the opportunity to do a lot of work. Every night, there is something to do such as having free time in the French Quarter, playing games with my other Bonners, or even seeing a basketball game. I am able to appreciate the work I’m doing while still having some part of a vacation. Before the trip is over, I would like to learn a little more of the traditions and cultures of New Orleans such as how the French Quarter came to be or why Mardi Gras is a tradition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freddie Hayeck Blog 1

Sofia Cartagena Blog 2

Jocelyne Guzman Blog 2