Alyssa Sedacca Blog 2

The trip has met some of my expectations as well as not met some of them. I knew we would be doing work on a house, but I did not know what exactly that entailed. We were split into two groups, which is something I did not expect. My group has been doing painting for the most part, which has been surprisingly more difficult than I first thought it would be. Wednesday (today) we could not paint because it was raining, so we went to a different house. This house was very different. It had a very interesting backstory, unlike the other house we worked on. This house is owned by an old woman, and it must have been so beautiful before Hurricane Katrina. It has not been repaired much at all since, and that made me so sad because of how much the woman and her family clearly cared about it. It's so heartbreaking that every time she tried to get it repaired, she was conned and her house is still not fixed after so much time. We were gutting the house, which was very difficult and kind of scary. I definitely did not think I would be doing something like that! 
Before the trip is over, I would like to learn more about what the government has done - or, more probably, not done - to help the people of New Orleans. I've heard little bits and pieces and learn something new every day about the lack of help they have given the citizens. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexandria Rudolph Blog 2

Sofia Cartagena Blog 1

Sofia Cartagena Blog 2