Camryn Legra Blog 1

In just a couple of days I will be on my way to New Orleans for our Freshmen Bonner service trip. Currently, I really don’t know too much about New Orleans. I am aware that New Orleans was hit really hard by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and many people lost their homes due to the hurricane. Many years later, people who owned homes in New Orleans still do not have houses and they are still trying to rebuild the city. When we go to New Orleans we will be working with the Saint Bernard Project and assisting in rebuilding houses. I have never done any community service work with building houses before, but I am excited to learn how. This will be my first trip ever to New Orleans, so I am really looking forward to seeing and learning more about the history of the city. I also would to learn more about all the effects Hurricane Katrina had on New Orleans. Along with learning more about New Orleans and the service we will be doing, I also hope to form even better friendships and bonds with my fellow Bonners. I can’t wait for our trip to New Orleans to begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sofia Cartagena Blog 2

Freddie Hayeck Blog 1

Jocelyne Guzman Blog 2