Joyce Vilson Blog 2

Although it has only been three days since we arrived at United Saints, it feels like we've been here forever. Now at first that sentence may seem negative, but I wholeheartedly mean it in a positive way. In these last three days, I have made so many unforgettable memories and immersed within the culture of New Orleans, where  it almost feels like our group has been here for several days. Although at times the construction components of the house can be tedious and repetitive, with only three days of work, the house has changed drastically. Did I mention the mouth-watering and unique flavors of the food offered here? After learning about the history and roots of New Orleans prior to working on the houses I realized how much our presence and service meant to this community. Moreover, I was surprised to see how United the community was even through many of the drastic experiences they have faced. As the time goes on, I hope to learn from the individuals here and grow as person. Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freddie Hayeck Blog 1

Jocelyne Guzman Blog 2

Sofia Cartagena Blog 2