Julissa Feliz

As I prepare to head to NOLA, I have a couple of hopes and expectations. Such as, how I hope to meet survivors and listen to their stories, learn about non-profits in NOLA and compare it to back at home in DC and in Trenton and finally watch musicians play jazz fest. My expectation for myself is that I can look at Katrina in the perspective of a resident instead of an outsider through feeling the energy and physically looking at the area in person. I want to paint and help build houses alongside my peers. What I know about NOLA is that mainly known for Katrina but also the music that is mixture of culture such as Afro-Cuban Jazz and I learned that the hurricane was predicted pretty early and many believe a little more could've been done to prevent some of the destruction and also many are still suffering today after over a decade since the Katrina.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sofia Cartagena Blog 2

Freddie Hayeck Blog 1

Jocelyne Guzman Blog 2